Engaging in the Year of Youth
Tips for Parents
The Australian Conference of Catholic Bishops have identified the liturgical year of 2018 beginning Advent, 3 December 2017 as the national Year of Youth.
In this Year of Youth, we are called, as a whole Church to actively engage with young people. There are a few key influencers in the life of a young person. They are, namely: family, school, parish and community. We all have a responsibility to foster the total, personal and spiritual growth of each young person and empower them to live as disciples of Jesus Christ is today’s world.
In the recent Synod survey, 77% of young people identified that the family has a strong influence on them. Therefore, we have come up with 10 simple ways on how parents can actively engage with their children at home as well as supporting young people around their local parishes
1. PrayerPray together as a family, particularly at meal times.
2. Spiritual reading or listeningLearn about raising and keeping your children engaged in their faith.
- Bringing your child back to Church
- Video - 7 practical strategies to help your child return to the church
Jason Evert - Parenting tips for Chastity resources and websites
Chastity Project's Recommended Websites
- Internet Filter - convenanteyes.com
- Movie, Music, Video Game and TV Reviews - pluggedin.com
- Pornography Addiction - theporneffect.com, integrityrestored.com
- NFP and Women's Health - Naprotechnology.com, omsoul.com
- Marriage and Family Counseling - catholictherapist.com, thealexanderhouse.org,exceptionalmarriage.com
- Jason & Crystalina Evert on Facebook - Facebook.com/jasonandcrystalinaevert
Trent Horn (Catholic Apologist in the US)
Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers: Catholic marriage & fatherhood/manhood resources.