Expressions of Interest are sought for a song to be selected as the theme song for the Australian Catholic Youth Festival, 2015.
Selection of the song will be based on the following criteria:
The song should reflect the Festival theme: Blessed are the pure of heart, for they shall see God (Mt 5:8)
The song should reflect the wider theological understanding of this scripture.
- The musical style and the lyrics must be dynamic and appeal to young people.
- The song, through the words and music, must engage young people in such a way that their hearts and minds are touched.
- The song must be singable by the whole assembly, both male and female, so the melodic range and choice of key is crucial.
- The song must reflect the joyful and exciting atmosphere of a festival gathering.
- The song should be an agent of evangelisation, drawing young people to Jesus and the Church.
- The song should be written in verse/chorus form.
- The Festival theme song must be appropriate for use in liturgy (both Eucharistic and other rituals) and may contain alternative verse/s so that it can used in a number of different situations.
- The composer will submit a brief explanation of where the song may be used in liturgy.
The composer of the selected song will receive:
- Professional recording of the song. The arrangement, instrumentalists and vocalists will be at the discretion of the selection committee.
- Single return flights from the nearest capital city to Adelaide, single accommodation and admission to the Youth Festival in 2015.
- A simple recording of the song, submitted in MP3 format.
- A notated melody line and chords.
- Completed Official Song Application Form.
- Must be received by 5pm on 30th June, 2015.
FOR MORE DETAILED INFORMATION go to the AUSTRALIAN CATHOLIC YOUTH FESTIVAL WEBSITE